This takes mini-books to a new level! Using Storyfold™ Audio Paper from Mantralingua, the Minibook Creator software and the PenPal (the successor to my RecorderPen) I have made a minibook that talks:
There are several ways of using this software and hardware:
- Make a mini-book with pictures and words, and record the sound for the children to listen to.
- Make a mini-book with pictures only, record the sound for the children to listen to and see how much they can understand.
- Make a mini-book with pictures only, and the children use the PenPal to record their version of the story.
- Children draw their own pictures to illustrate the mini-book and record their own sound.
- Separate the audio paper into 8 cards and record sound to use in board games or games such as Pelmanism.
- Separate the audio paper into 8 cards and use it to make audio labels for things in the classroom
Lots of different ways of encouraging all four skills, pair work and for providing individual records of learning and progress.
Thanks as ever to Bev Evans for her brilliant images.
Disclaimer: I am currently working as MFL editor and author for Mantralingua.