Saturday 3 January 2015

Parking cars in Spanish


I got this idea from a picture I saw on Pinterest recently.  It's a pair activity for children to use to help each other to practise new vocabulary.  While the versions I have made so far are aimed at Key Stage 2, I think it would be equally suitable for Key Stage 1.

So how does it work?  One partner does the speaking while the second does the listening.  The second has a little car (one of the cars included with the resource or a real toy car) which they have to brmm to the parking space that their partner tells them.  The above image shows how it would work with Spanish numbers from 1 to 10.  Partner 1 says "cuatro" and partner 2 brmms their car to parking space number 4.

So far I have made versions for Spanish numbers 1 to 10, Spanish numbers 11 to 20 and Spanish colours.  I think it could also be used to build up sentences, with each of the parking spaces having one element of the sentence in it.  It could be used with one little car, going to one parking space at a time, or an element of competition could be introduced with the numbered cars, each partner having five cars each.



I will be uploading these resources and similar ones in French to Light Bulb Languages very soon.  Keep an eye on the LBL Blog to find out when they are there.

UPDATE:  Links to the resources are here

3 comments:

  1. Great information thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I'm going to try it with a year 4 class of very weak boys. They will love it especially if I use real toy cars! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all your ideas are GREAT! You really understand about teaching languages in a way that is memorable and fun for the children and requires lots of repetition and participation from all children, whilst ensuring there is scaffolding where needed. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete