Monday 4 November 2019

Crowd-sourcing model texts


I was very interested in this tweet when I saw it at lunchtime yesterday. It's from Samara Spielberg, who is a Spanish teacher in the US. She asks colleagues to write short texts which incorporate certain set phrases, verbs and structures. Then her students read and analyse them before using them as a model for their own work. 

I think this is a model we could adapt for Key Stage 2. It would be quite straightforward to provide each other with multiple model texts in this way. 

To get the ball rolling I'm going to try it out for gender in Spanish, something that I have just begun with my Year 4 new starters.

I would be very grateful if you could write a sentence or couple of sentences using the highlighted language that you can see at the top of this post.  You can see my example to start you off.  Don't worry about colour highlighting, as I can do that.  If you don't want to add your real name, a pseudonym or nickname would be fine.

You can add your sentences here in a comment, or email them to me.

I'll be seeing Year 4 on Thursday 7th, so any received before then will be most welcome!

¡Muchas gracias!  I will, of course, share any resulting resources.



4 comments:

  1. En mi bolsillo hay un llave, una moneda y un caramelo. También hay un papel y un lápiz.

    En mi bolsa hay una agenda, un bolígrafo y un diccionario. Además hay un estuche y una botella de agua.

    ReplyDelete
  2. En mi maleta hay un vestido, una camiseta y un pantalón también.
    Además hay una chaqueta y una bufanda.
    En mi bolsa hay un monedero, un móvil y un paraguas.

    ReplyDelete