Monday 19 April 2021

Things to do with sentence builders in the primary languages classroom: part 2!

 


In my last post, I talked about some of the activities that I do in the primary languages classroom with sentence builders, and asked readers if they have any primary-friendly activities that they recommend.

I'll be starting my planning for the week shortly (at the top of this post is one of the sentence builders I'm going to be using this week, with Year 5) and so will be looking to incorporate some of the activities that people have recommended:











And some others, from the Facebook group and blog comments:

  • Trapdoor 
  • Slalom listening - You give them a copy of the sentence builder and they highlight/ underline words they hear, then they have to read the whole sentence.
  • Flippity 'fruit machine' style activity, particularly the fact that sometimes there are 'nonsense sentences appearing (with food likes and with clothes you wear in specific weather conditions.
  • Pyramid translation
  • Delayed repetition or writing

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment