Tuesday 30 May 2023

National Creativity Day

 


This morning I found out via the Facebook page of Prinfab (the company that prints my fabric designs) that today, May 30th, is National Creativity Day.  You can find out more about the day here.

The main focus of the day is artistic creativity, although for me creativity is also pedagogical creativity, linguistic creativity and "crafty" creativity.  (Read more about creativity here.)

I engage my linguistic and pedagogical creativity by creating teaching resources for the languages community, which I put on Light Bulb Languages and my Sellfy shop.

I also spend a lot of tine (probably too much!) sewing language-based goodies and more for my Etsy shop, LumenMakes.

Today, as it's half term, I have been having a play with my Cricut machine.  I have been experimenting with printable vinyl to make acetate keyrings.  Now I am trying to find a way to protect the vinyl.  I have tried gloss Mod Podge, which is indeed glossy, but you can see the brush marks.  Any suggestions?!

Another creative thing I have on my list for this half term is sewing my younger daughter's prom dress.  I have until mid-July so it's not too urgent!

So happy National Creativity Day!  What do you do to be creative?

No comments:

Post a Comment